135. Busting False Alcohol Beliefs & Beyond Dry Jan with William Porter
Are you ready to have some of your false beliefs about alcohol blown out of the water?
Then you have to tune into this week's episode of The Alcohol ReThink podcast where Patrick is joined by stop-drinking expert and author of the hugely successful quit-lit books Alcohol Explained 1&2, William Porter.
William knows his shit when it comes to the impact of alcohol on the human body.
In this episode, Patrick and William go to work on busting some false beliefs about alcohol, backed up by science and data.
They explore the importance of sleep, how we are designed to fall asleep and the cognitive dissonance we experience when using alcohol to induce sleep.
They look at the impact of alcohol on your heart, the benefits you experience when stopping and how to continue building on your progress beyond Dry January.
This is one cracker of an episode. Listen now.
Some of the cool things they covers during this episode:
- Going from ‘I want to stop’ to ‘I have to stop!’
- The difference between sleep and alcohol induced unconsciousness
- How your sleep returns to it’s normal rhythm after 3-5 days
- Using data to disprove your belief systems around alcohol and it’s function
- The impact of alcohol on your heart
- Running off a hangover is actually more damaging for your heart than good
- The reason why people believe alcohol gives you energy
- The importance of creating or reigniting new habits and hobbies
- Look for the changes in stopping drinking
- Why you might feel worse before you get better and why that is normal
- How alcohol affects your muscles, injuries and recovery time
- Being single-minded and choosing your own path
Connect with William:
Website: https://www.alcoholexplained.com/ (You can read the first 5 chapters of his book for free 👍)
Buy the book: Amazon
Connect with Patrick:
To find out how Patrick can help you stop drinking and create an awesome life without alcohol, book a free one hour consultation to discover how his 6 month 1-1 coaching program will take you from feeling out of control and self-hating to sober, clear-headed, full of energy, looking good and doing more of what you love in life.
Whether you decide to work with him or not, the consultation alone will help you understand where you are and why you do what you do. It’s a no-brainer. Get yourself booked in here.
You can also join The Alcohol ReThink Project, a free 30 day email mindset-reset series to support you in stopping drinking
Website: https://www.patrickjfox.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thealcoholrethinkproject/Facebook Group (Private): https://www.facebook.com/groups/alcoholrethinkproject