114. Back from the depths of alcohol with Anthony Wragg
This week I am joined by an awesome guest whose journey to sobriety is nothing short of incredible.
After being given his first alcoholic drink at the age of 5, and being brought up in a home and culture that celebrated and normalised alcohol, Anthony has had to overcome some staggering circumstances in life.
A story that involves a heart attack at 41, followed by a cardiac arrest a few months later, being in a coma, having his heart stop for 8 minutes, and then a night where he wanted to end it all due to alcohol and drug use.
Anthony brings his real, raw and authentic self in an interview that is pure inspiration for anyone wanting to stop drinking.
You won’t want to miss it.
Some of the other topics they cover in this episode are:
- Exploring what beliefs he had learnt and inherited about alcohol from a young age
- Creating a sober picture diary
- The incredible support of his wife through it all
- How his once paranoid state when drinking and using disappeared in sobriety
- How having an understanding of his brain helped him to create new choices
- The sober me identity
- New habits and routines he has created since stopping
- Being thankful for each day he wakes up sober
- A willingness to prove himself wrong
- The sober toolkit he developed and what the first couple of months of sobriety have been like.
This is a truly inspirational story that proves that anyone can rethink the role of alcohol in their lives.
Turning Point Charity - https://www.turning-point.co.uk/
Connect with Patrick:
To find out how Patrick can help you stop drinking and create an awesome life without alcohol, book a free one hour consultation to discover how his 6 month 1-1 coaching program will take you from feeling out of control and self-hating to sober, clear-headed, full of energy, looking good and doing more of what you love in life.
Whether you decide to work with him or not, the consultation alone will help you understand where you are and why you do what you do. It’s a no-brainer. Get yourself booked in here.
You can also join The Alcohol ReThink Project, a free 30 day email mindset-reset series to support you in stopping drinking
Facebook Group (Private): https://www.facebook.com/groups/alcoholrethinkproject